[rules-dev] troubleshooting errors in guvnor

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:24:21 EST 2009

OK I added in some stack trace printing.

Note that it really *should* only be bugs that cause that sort of
error - if there is something that shouldn't cause it to happen then
please do raise a JIRA with details, so we can tighten the error
trapping and reporting (so we know if it is a real bug or someting we
need to report more clearly that can be rectified by the user -
without a stack trace being necessary of course !).

Thanks,

Michael.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Michael Neale <michael.neale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, will see if I can add the stack trace back in - did you work out what
> the specific problem was ?
>
> Sent from my phone.
>
> On 05/03/2009, at 3:58, "Zoltan Farkas" <zoly at daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
>

>> I am attempting to build some rules with guvnor (5.0 latest snapshot),
>> and I get:
>>
>> "Sorry, a technical error occurred. Please contact a system
>> administrator."
>>
>> I go to the event log and see a:
>>
>> org.drools.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>> argument type mismatch
>>
>> I have a question:
>>
>> How can I get the stack trace of the exception, at some point in time
>> they were available in the app server error log, but I don't see them
>> there anymore. Stack trace would be of great help to figure out what is
>> going wrong.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Zoltan Farkas

Michael D Neale