[rules-dev] documentation patch

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:33:03 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Edson Tirelli <tirelli at post.com> wrote:

>    Hi Wolfgang,
>
>    The best way to submit a patch is creating a JIRA and attaching the
> patch to it, so that we don't lose track of it.
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES

OK, fine with me.

However, trying to check my fixes by rebuilding the documentation from the
source drools-5.0.0.CR1-src.zip, I was stopped in my tracks by

[INFO] Compilation failure
/extra/x/drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/runtime/help/impl/BatchMessageHelperProviderImpl.java:[30,33]
package sun.text.CompactShortArray does not exist

Googling for the package name reveals that this sun package is somewhat
shady, pun intended ;-)

Please advise.

>    If your questions/discussions are related to how drools implements or
> could/should implement something, this is the proper list, yes. If they are
> related on how to use drools to model rules/concepts, then please use the
> users-list.

Neither. I mean "hazy formulations *in the documentation".* I guess this
list would be the one.

Wolfgang