[rules-dev] drools compiler issue

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 17:06:59 EDT 2009

java packages can not have hyphens.  A package name must consist of java identifiers and periods:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/lexical.html#3.8

The package-info cannot be imported, even in a regular java file. (Really, just try!)  It's used to apply package level annotations, but beyond this has no use, afaik.  When compiled it creates an abstract interface that cannot be extended or imported. (Because it's named using an identifier that contains a hyphen...)