[rules-dev] backward-chaining

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sat Oct 24 18:59:13 EDT 2009

kesslerb at uni-trier.de wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am working on a project that would profit from a backward-chaining
> rulesengine. I`ve read in the Drools Expert documentation that you
> plan to provide support for it in the future. Is there any concrete
> plan to implement it, or any estimation of when would
> backward-chaining support be available?

Definite concrete plans, it's something I'm always researcing. The
reason why it's taking time is I want to get the implementation right,
which means I need to understand all the various approaches out there,
my current feelings are that Drools will probably support multiple types
of backward chaining.

Mark