[rules-dev] drools and google app engine

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 22:43:56 EDT 2009

Hi Jess - I have experience with GAE - but never thought to try drools on it.

Certainly should be possible - a few little tweaks might be needed to
avoid verboten APIs. However, the main thing that "cramps its style"
is the fact that apps on GAE really should be stateless (in order to
scale) but I guess that if you can cope with a session suddenly moving
then it might work out (or just use stateless rules).

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:31 PM,  <youknowwho at heroicefforts.net> wrote:
> I saw an earlier post where someone ran into file access issues deploying the Drools engine on Google's platform.  It seems like a relatively simple task to overcome this with an aspect and a weave.  But before I attempt it, I was curious if anyone had managed to get Drools running in the app engine environment?  If so, was that the only issue encountered and what was the level of effort?
>
> I was thinking it might be a fun learning exercise to leverage GAE and CEP in the creation of Google Wave Robots.  I know, I have too much time on my hands.
>
> cheers,
>
> -Jess

Michael D Neale
home: www.michaelneale.net