[rules-dev] maven drools plugin to compile DRL's at build time

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 03:14:36 EDT 2010

There doesn't seem to be a maven drools plugin to precompile the DRL's
at build time, but I did find this issue:
   https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-1273

Is anyone or has anyone been working on this?
Are the ANT tasks still supported?
It gives a couple of advantages:
- DRL compile errors at build time
- with m2eclipse it gives a good eclipse integration
- no time wasted at runtime (I could definitly use this for the nurse
rostering competition)

A good mojo would need to:
- follow the maven code generating conventions (so it integrates well
with eclipse, intellij, ...)
- have integrations tests (we might wanna wait for the maven 3 upgrade
for this though)

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet