[rules-dev] Decision table and DSL

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:48:27 EST 2010

There is currently no DSL support for decision tables (there is occasionally
some talk of it, but not sure if it would help this particular case).

In your case, I would think that in your case you would need to have
multiple XLS files (you can make them share data I guess, for what is in
common).

I gather in your case you have different rules in different languages - not
the same rules in multiple languages right?

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:26 PM, philippe rouxel <prouxel.pacte at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I post this, but got no echo:
>
> My project is multi-national: the business model is in English, but
> some rules depend on the user's country (fr, de).
> This rules have to be edited in the locale language.
>
> For editing a rule, the guided rule editor and a DSL are fine.
>
> But for a decision table, I did not find a way to use a DSL.
>
> So, what is the best strategy:
> + use a template for each DT and loose the benefits of sharing the
> translation.
> + use an expander for each DT that parse a DSL and translate the terms.
>
> Or may be an other solution?
>
> Regards,
> Philippe

Michael D Neale