[rules-dev] backward chaining

Christine Karman mylists at christine.nl
Mon Nov 1 08:46:11 EDT 2010

On 11/01/2010 12:17 PM, Wolfgang Laun wrote:

> Indeed, requesting additional facts makes all the difference.

:-)
Most expert systems I've built in the past, when building expert systems
was "en vogue", we built systems that would engage in a dialogue with
the user, using expert knowledge (heuristic knowledge) that we put in.
The tools proved too limited though: the commercial expert system shells
didn't provide the flexibility, and the systems we built from scratch
(in C) turned out to be too expensive. That's why I'm happy with Drools,
it provides flexibility, extensibility while it's easy to use.

dagdag
Christine