[rules-dev] Stretching spreadsheets

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 13:14:49 EST 2010

I have, at long last, overcome my disinclination against spreadsheets and
played around a bit.

As one of the incentives (perhaps the main one) for this kind of rule
authoring appears to be a "syntax" cushioning by spreadsheet entries, I feel
that additional simplifications might be appreciated. Therefore, I have
modified some classes in  org.drools.decisiontable.parser, to achieve the
following, in the area of RuleSet entries:

   - All entries are now repeatable, either by adding more cells to the
   right of "import" than just one (with a comma-separated list) or by writing
   more that one "Import" row.
   - Same for "Variables", "Functions" and "Queries".
   - All tags ("Import",...) are case insensitive and immune against leading
   and trailing spaces.
   - Some user errors don't cause NPE; they throw an exception with an
   explanatory message

Opinions, please, and should I just release this, or would someone care to
have a look and test it?
-W