[rules-dev] soundslike: report on phonetic matching

Michael Neale michael.neale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 23:37:34 EDT 2010

I came across this the other day: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance

while not directly related - it is in the general area of what we are trying
for here - which is to deal with input has come from a human who made small
typos (the above could help if you have a modest size dictionary you can
score against for best match - obviously small as it is probably quadratic
time to find a match).

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun at gmail.com>wrote:

> What you describe isn't an issue of providing a built-in operator that maps
> both
> operands according to "any kind of processing" before doing == or !=.
>
> Nevertheless, if anyone thinks that DoubleMetaphone is worth doing, it
> could be added to the framework class I've outlined in my original mail.
>
> -W
>
> On 15 October 2010 18:11, jschmied <nabble at juergenschmied.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I would put the creation of the key into a getter of my dataobject like:
> >
> > class MyObject {
> >
> > public String getMatchingKey() {
> >  return doubleMetahone(myValue);
> > }
> > }
> >
> > then insert this object into the working memory. You can write then your
> > rules like:
> >
> > $a : MyObject ()
> > $b: MyObject(MatchingKey == $a.MatchingKey)
> >
> > Drools calls the getMatchingKey only once and caches the result!
> >
> > You can hide any kind of processing in a getter. As example I've done
> many
> > Date/Time processing like this.
> >
> > juergen
> >

> > --