[rules-dev] Forking to apply manual patch

Leonardo Gomes leonardo.f.gomes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 03:27:23 EDT 2011

Here's what I'm trying to do and haven't succeed so far:

*- Create a patch from my branch in droolsjbpm: *
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm/commits/lr_unlinking_20101116

I forked, cloned and checked-out lr_unlinking_20101116. Then I tried to
different ways of generating a patch

- git diff revision HEAD > myPatch.diff
- git format-patch -k --stdout revision..HEAD > myPatch.patch

*- Apply the patch to my fork of drools: *
https://github.com/leogomes/drools

First let's have a look at the stats:
- git apply --stat ../droolsjbpm/drools-core/myPatch.patch

Then verify (and fail!):
leo at leonardo-laptop:~/java/drools/git/drools/drools-core$ git apply --check
../droolsjbpm/drools-core/myPatch.patch
error: patch failed:
drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/RuleBaseConfiguration.java:100
error: drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/RuleBaseConfiguration.java:
patch does not apply
(...)

I'm trying first with drools-core and then have to do the same for
drools-compiler and api.

Any hint or another approach to suggest?

Thanks,
Leo.