[rules-dev] I haven't pulled changes but maven is downloading the latest snapshots => use mvn -nsu

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 03:17:51 EDT 2011

I 'll be adding this to the README in light of the problem that Wolfgang
detected:

* Warning: The first `mvn` build of a day will download the latest
SNAPSHOT dependencies of other droolsjbpm projects,
unless you build all those droolsjbpm projects from source.
Those SNAPSHOTS were build and deployed last night by hudson jobs.

     * If you 've pulled all changes (or cloned a repository) today,
this is a good thing:
     it saves you from having to download and build all those other
latest droolsjbpm projects from source.

     * If you haven't pulled all changes today, this is probably a bad
thing:
     you 're probably not ready to deal with those new snapshots.

         In that case, add `-nsu` (= `--no-snapshot-updates`) to the
`mvn` command to avoid downloading those snapshots:

             $ mvn clean install -DskipTests -nsu

Wolfgang,

You're using the latest droolsjbpm-parent SNAPSHOT (build by the
droolsjbpm-build-bootstrap hudson job)
with the non-latest drools repository code.
I am afraid it's to late now to do -nsu, so if possible, I suggest just
pulling all changes.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

--