[rules-dev] Serialization errors; bug JBRULES-2976 filed

Laird Nelson ljnelson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:07:21 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun at gmail.com>wrote:

> It seems to me that an environment is not the best place for an operation
> that
> could depend on the session and/or a client's request. It could be used
> additionally,
> but not without the direct approach.

For the record I totally agree.

Context, in case it helps: I am in the process of migrating off of a heavily
used stateless session bean that--right now--creates
StatefulKnowledgeSessions and serializes them to the database in between
calls.  I've enabled equality checking (vs. identity checking) in the
knowledge base, but for some reason after about 20
serialization/deserialization cycles the app server runs out of memory.

I am assuming that JBRULES-2048 is in play here; I was hoping that by
supplying my own marshalling strategy I could control how the
serialization/deserialization happens and avoid the memory leak.

Best,
Laird