[rules-dev] else

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 08:45:35 EDT 2011

On 20 August 2011 21:05, Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like Mario's suggestion.
>
> Use of a switch statement could also be an option (to muddy the waters
> further):-

Any good reason for calling a "switch" what is usually an if/elsif? Also,
would the branches have an implied "break"? Or should any number of branches
fire for a single match of the CEs preceding the "switch"? If so, what if
"a1" (in the example) retracts tha fact matching "D()", and then "a2" needs
to be executed?

Anybody making proposals is cordially invited not just to provide a syntax
silhouette.

Thank you
-W