[rules-dev] Issues with fixing duplicate rule name declarations in separate resource files.

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sat Jul 9 19:20:26 EDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 23:59, Mikael Lönneberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In trying to fix JBRULES-2730 and JBRULES-3063, I noticed that fixing
> this issue will actually break MiscTest#testRuleReplacement.
> So should this test case be rewritten to not allow rule replacement,
> or are there circumstances where rule replacements are allowed and if
> that is the case what are those circumstances?
Rule replacement is allowed and an important part of a dynamic rule
engine. I believe what we do is disallow it from the same resource
(should double check that) i.e. a drl that repeats the rule twice is an
error. If you load a later resource it will overwrite the previous.

> ConsequenceOffsetTest.testConsequenceOffset also fails due to loading
> two resource files with the same package and rule name defined in the
> different files.

Sounds like a bug, can you update some stronger tests and fix?

Mark