[rules-dev] [Road Map] Proposed Roadmap for spring-drools module

vinodkiran vinodkiran at usa.net
Sun Jul 10 09:07:23 EDT 2011

5.3.0 M1
	- [New Feature] - Declarative configuration of listeners (JBRULES-3076)
[Pull Request Pending]
5.3.0 CR1
	- Bug fixes for existing and M1 releases(JBRULES-2695, JBRULES-2955 [is
this open?], others)
	- create working examples for drools-spring (org.drools.examples.spring.*)

Some time in the Future
	- [Upgrade] Spring version from 2.5.6 to 3.0.5
	- [New Feature] Add support for declarative configuration of Channels
(org.drools.runtime.Channel) for StatefulSessions
	- [New Feature] Add support for declarative configuration of loggers
(console, file, threaded)
	- [Controversial] Deprecate the current <drools:ksession
type="stateless|stateful"...> tag, and introduce two separate tags for
better readability <drools:statefulSesion and <drools:statelessSession
	- [Enhancement on JBRULES-3076] Ability to group listeners
	- [Enhancement] Document the drools-spring.xsd

Some time in the Future-Future
	- [Upgrade] Spring version from 3.0.5 to 3.1 (see next for reason)
	- [Enhancement] Add support for Spring 3.1 feature - Profiles
(http://blog.springsource.com/2011/02/11/spring-framework-3-1-m1-released/)
	- [Enhancement] Spring Annotation support?

I will be able spend time on these topics over the next few days/weeks. But
before I start want directions from the core dev team.