[rules-dev] [Proposal] Less horrible releases: 1) Don't add new features after CR1 is branched

Jari Timonen jari.timonen at zeniitti.net
Fri Jun 24 01:17:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I think it's a great idea. Also long lasting feature branches should
not exist. Features must be split into smaller merges to the master.
This makes integration easier. This prevents "day before" CR1 mega
merges (with huge amount of conflicts). After CR1 has been branched,
there should be decent testing period.

This all can be achived by split features into smallest marketable features.

-jari