[rules-dev] Locating objects by query/BC

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Jun 27 09:34:54 EDT 2011

On 27/06/2011 10:38, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
> I saw a commit and tried again, but the problem is still around.
> I added a test to BackwardChainingTest - see the pull request.
I have created a jira to track this:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3101

I'm going to first write core unit tests around the rete  dsl, as it's
easier to test multi permutations for left/right input triggering and
will better stop future regressions.

commit here shows me updating the rete dsl testing engine for queries:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/commit/279c9df98434d668d6adc837982a40ae6b9c97d3

i've added a basic test to start with that shows it working for right
then left triggering, but failing for left then right triggering.
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/blob/279c9df98434d668d6adc837982a40ae6b9c97d3/drools-core/src/test/resources/org/drools/reteoo/test/JoinNodeUnificationTest.nodeTestCase

At the same time i'm applying the fixes, which needs to be done to each
node. In essence the code to get the memory iterator and the first entry
for each left tuple assertion needs to be applied to each right object
assertions and all the modifies.

Mark