[rules-dev] github dev model

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:17:04 EDT 2011

+1 It might help to keep hudson blue more often.

but pull requests need to be merged as soon as possible.
So per git repository it needs to be clear who's taking care of the pull
requests.
Otherwise no one might and they might go stale and we 'd loose valuable
commits,
which would be worse than before.

For example:

droolsjbpm-build-bootstrap => Geoffrey
knowledge-api => Edson (same person as on drools I presume)
drools => Edson
drools-planner => Geoffrey
jbpm => Kris
droolsjbpm-integration => ?
guvnor => ?
tools => Bob Bolt?
build-distribution (the OSGi stuff) => ?

Op 10-05-11 10:56, Mark Proctor schreef:
> We've been monitoring github over the last few weeks. Github now makes
> it trivial for people to work in their own forks and submit pull
> requests. We have found that from time to time people don't rebase
> properly or check their commits after a push, and thus end up
> overwritting other people's work. We are thinking of trialing the
> leuitenant model for a while, where just core people are responsible for
> accepting and applying pull requests. With git's distributedd model,
> this should hopefully work out well.
>
> So from this point on, unless you are a core developer responsible for a
> specific module, can I ask that you submit pull requests for future work?
>
> thanks
>
> Mark

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet