[rules-dev] Serialization errors; bug JBRULES-2976 filed

ljnelson ljnelson at gmail.com
Mon May 16 08:35:48 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:15 AM, Mark Proctor [via Drools] <
ml-node+2946513-1322819960-10124 at n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> Edson applied the pull request and I tweaked it further.
> -this.strategyStore was missing from unmarshall, to make it reflect the
> patch.
> -MarshallerProviderImpl.newMarshaller should not default to serialized
> strategy, but instead pass a null strategy. Allowing it to fallback to
> what's provided in the ksession/enviornment
>
> The behaviour now is that if no strategy is provided it will fallback to
> what's in the ksession/environment, if one is provided it will always use
> that for marshalling and unmarshalling. I updated the javadocs on the
> factory class to reflect this.
>
> Mark

Great; thanks.  That will help immensely.

A related question (that's more of a user question, but dovetails nicely
here, and then I'll let the thread die :-)): Is it the case that even if
I've got my KnowledgeBase set up to use equality (not identity) that an
insert will still blindly insert a fact?  I gather, then, if this is true,
that equality/identity is relevant only when checking for the existence of a
particular fact, not at insert time?

Best,
Laird