[rules-dev] Functional programming in Drools

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:40:40 EDT 2011

Very well written. Thank you.

Whether there's the need for a Drools-prvided library (beyond the things
there are now as accumulate functions) remains to be seen.

I still maintain the notion that it should be possible to obtain quantifier
results and continue LHS evaluation, and I think that the functional
approach would make this easier. It can be done now, using a dedicated
accumulate function, but there's the issue of escaping from the iteration
when the final result is established.

-W