[rules-dev] Formal verification of Drools - master's thesis

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:14:38 EDT 2011

On 19 September 2011 17:57, Mauricio Salatino <salaboy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jiri,
> Drools Verifier do that for you? Am I right?

I think this is a misunderstanding. Looking at Drools' Java code takes a
Java bug finding program such as findbugs. What Drools Verifier does is:
look at DRL code written by Drools users.

Findbugs applied to Drools code is a good idea, but I would opt for this to
include fundamental code that's *used *by Drools and responsible for a
considerable number of JIRAs.

-W