[rules-dev] Project Idea - pure HTML5 Audit log

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Feb 6 08:20:26 EST 2012

I was just making a swing app, for Wumpups, and thought it would be
really nice if I could embed the audit log that would render in the
example as it was executing. I can't re-use the existing stuff, as it's
SWT based.

So I thought a nice project for someone would be to make an
HTML5/Javascript version of the Eclipse graphical audit log. It should
be able to take json document and render an audit log correctly. This
component can then be re-used by people anywhere, we can even move the
SWT version over to the HTML5 version in eclipse, so that we only have a
single version to maintain.

In theory it's not too difficult, we don't need any fancy canvas stuff.
Just indent lines and use background coloured spans for highlighting.
The hardest part of the project is probably getting the current xstream
document dumped to a sane json format. Luckily xstream already has json
capabilities, so maybe not too hard.

Any takers?