[rules-dev] drools 5.5, 6.0 and roadmap

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:57:57 EDT 2012

Re-edited. - Some WLs are still there, one or two might be new or
substantially changed. In a couple of places I was persistent enough
to dig myself in.

Now I'm going to write something that has a personal undertone, so
brace yourself. You know, from previous clashes, that ultimately I
mean well and try to be careful not to hurt people's feelings - at
least not more than necessary ;-)

I feel at liberty to write what I'm going to write because the premise
is something I've heard you confess yourself: That you don't like to,
and have problems with, writing English texts.

Now I *suspect* (!) that this trait also has an impact on your ardour
or agility as a programming language designer. Harshly said, some of
the constructs you propose read as awkwardly as some of the sentences
one can find in documentation written by you.

OK, so I've said it. Perhaps you think about it, and please, please,
don't be cross with me. After all, it's only Drools I'm caring for ;-)

-W