[rules-dev] range indexing - help wanted

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Jul 6 21:29:20 EDT 2012

I started to write this range indexing class, based on a RBTree
implementation that I lifted from the web somewhere. However it's a bit
buggy, and large ranges null pointer. Anyone want to work on making
these stable? Once done we can start using them with not/exists nodes.
Standard joins will take a bit more work, due to some integration issues
of the tuple structures.

The two classes can be found in this commit, just try removing the
@Ignore to see the issues, and feel free to add more range tests.
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/commit/c789459c431763581db02653fb7bfafd5742ae1f
drools-core/src/main/java/org/drools/core/util/RBTree.java
drools-core/src/test/java/org/drools/core/util/RBTreeTest.java