[rules-dev] how to use constraint dynamically in rule

mkbhuktar m_bhuktar at snowstorm.in
Wed Sep 12 02:50:35 EDT 2012

I'd like some advice on how to make my model.
I need to plan employee schedule for a month, I have some constraint that
will change dynamically by employee. Constraint are
1.	NO_SUNDAY_NIGHT_SHIFT
2.	NO_EVENING_SHIFT
3.	ONLY_NIGHT_SHIFT
I create domain classes just like nurse roistering and try to apply rule. My
domain classes is
ShiftAssignement --------------------------planningEntity class
Employee-------------------------------------planningEntity variable
Preference-----------------------------------Employee gives his shift
preference (just like contract in nurse rostering )
BlackDays-----------------------------------Employee define his black day in
preference(just like WeekEnd)
ShiftLine-------------------------------------It is List of shiftline in
preference (ShiftLineType is enum variable in which we define  constraint
NO_SUNDAY_NIGHT_SHIFT (its hard coded  for test))
Shift------------------------------------------Just like nurse restring
ShiftDate----------------------------------- Just like nurse restring
ShiftType----------------------------------- Just like nurse restring

I am unable to map constraint(NO_SUNDAY_NIGHT_SHIFT) for one month
scheduling of employee

Is above domain is correct? then how to write rule and other stuff………