[rules-dev] removing DSLs

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Jan 29 00:43:58 EST 2013

One of the reasons this came up was due to round tripping from the guided editor to drl text format. This is so the guided editor does not use it's own proprietary xml format, but instead uses the .drl directly.

Round tripping DRL is not so hard. Round tripping DSLs is much harder, and I suspect will be hard to get fool proof regex. Also we would at a minimum require an escape in the DRL to delimit a DSL sentence.

If you think DSLs are useful, I think we can leave them in, with the caveat of the escape. Sound ok?

Mark