[rules-dev] removing DSLs

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 01:20:27 EST 2013

Providing a generic guided editor for unrestrained DSL definitions with
the option of revamping these definitions while maintaining the DRLs
is probably theoretically impossible, at least based on the DSL-to-DRL
translation process as it is currently implemented. Just consider a
mapping of two different DSL phrases to the same DRL pattern:
E.g. (never mind the syntax):

There is a buggy => Car( type == "Buggy" )
# -- and --
There is a car => Car()
- with type {type} => type == "{type}"

Memorizing the translation steps might solve this problem.
-W