[rules-dev] Drools Planner repository changes this Tuesday 5-MAR

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:24:55 EST 2013

The package renames and directory renames are done.

As usual, follow the upgrade recipe to upgrade to the latest snapshot.

If you don't want to nuke your drools-planner repo dir, here's a good
way to avoid that:

cd drools-planner

git status
# If you have untracked files, you 'll have to migrate them manually at
some point

mvn clean -Dfull
# Deleting the target diretories up front prevents trouble

cd ..
mv drools-planner optaplanner
cd optaplanner

git remote -v
# Look for droolsjbpm/drools-planner.git, called "upstream" or "origin".

# Presuming you've forked and it's called "upstream"
git remote rm upstream
git remote add upstream git at github.com:droolsjbpm/optaplanner.git
# Try the connection without getting all changes
git fetch upstream

# Open the flood gates and let the directory and artifact renames come in
git checkout master
git rebase upstream master

# Presuming you didn't fork and it's called "origin"
git remote rm origin
git remote add origin git at github.com:droolsjbpm/optaplanner.git
# Try the connection without getting all changes
git fetch origin
# Avoid error message "You asked me to pull without telling me which
branch you want to rebase against"
git checkout master
git branch --set-upstream master origin/master
# Open the flood gates and let the directory and artifact renames come in
git pull --rebase

>>> https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools-planner