[rules-users] Re: Decision Tables: Probelm with sequence=true

Arjun Dhar dhar_ar at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 05:14:57 EDT 2007

Mark Proctor <mproctor <at> codehaus.org> writes:

> I just looked at the decision-table implementation. The sequential
> option there is different from rulebase sequential mode, my mistake
> sorry. sequential the option just sets a salience value on each row,
> based on row number. So I see no reason why this shouldn't work.
> Mark

Hi Mark,
 I sequenced the rolws in reverse order (lowermost row lowest priority); and it
did not fire the rules twice. Sequence in decision table is definitely doing
somethingf funny.

Ok, I'll try and write my own Conflict Resolution strategy so that I'm sure of
a predictable result. I have some custom requirements:
 1. Based on a flag at runtime, execute only first activation
 2. Top row should win in decision table
 3. If a rule conflicts with a nother rule, which has more conditions satisfied
then the engine should be intelligent enough to choose the more specific rule
(Specifity)

I dont think Drools 4 supports my requirements, so will try and buuld a
ConflictResolver.

Are there any particular notes that I need to keep in mind when designing my
own strategy?

Thanks,
Arjun