[rules-users] Constants on LHS?

J Michael Dean mdean77 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 9 12:48:52 EST 2007

I have not been able to figure out how to define "constants" that can
be used replace numbers, etc. on the LHS of rules, and am not quite at
the stage where I can set up a DSL.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

For example, I have a simple rule to determine if glucose is below the
targeted range;  the lower limit of the target is 80.  Quickest
solution:

when
	decision : GlucoseDecision(serumGlucoseConcentration < 80)
then
	DO something

But I want to be able to write:

when
	decision : GlucoseDecision(serumClucoseConcentration < lowTargetLimit)
then
	Do something

so that I can set all these constants in one place, etc.

Is there a way to accomplish this inside the DRL?

- Mike