[rules-users] Contains substring in the LHS with regular expression capturing groups?

Waruzjan Shahbazian wshahbazian at xiam.nl
Fri Dec 14 03:34:42 EST 2007

Hi,

I need to check in the LHS of my rule if  a given String contains an
given substring. What is the best way to do that? I can use regular
expression with matches, but is that the best (fastest) solution?
(STRING matches "(?i).*SUBSTRING.*"). And can I use regulare expressions
capturing groups and than use the results of the groups in the RHS? If
not, what is the best methode to do that?

Thanks,

Waruzjan