[rules-users] Problems with Decision Table

helidesai heli.desai at talbotuw.com
Wed Feb 21 10:40:59 EST 2007

Hello,

I am using JBoss Rules 3.1.0M1. I am using the decision table. I don't know
how we can check something like DateField <= currentDate? I have tried to
put Today() in data column and in condition I have put DueDt <= $1. But this
gives error that 'Unexpected Token' .Is there any way to put current date
like new Date() in Dicision table.

Also I noticed that the 'Or' condition doesn't work properly. For example if
i have to enter the condition like "Policy is Live or Policy is Cancelled"
do this 'Msg'.  I have to repeat the Action (Msg) field for both the rows
with live and cancelled. Is there any other way to implement 'Or'?

Another thing is can we use the condition without passing the data field?
For example if I put DueDt <= new java.util.Date() in condition table and no
fields in data column, will it work?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Heli.