[rules-users] About String..."==" same as ".equals"?

Joel G. Rivera-González el_pio at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 12:12:57 EST 2007

i have to be doing something wrong...but it make no sense...
a MegaTransferObject is asserted.

case1: No rules fired.
rule "dtv_discount_request"
    when
        MegaTransferObject(other_AccountType == null) or
        MegaTransferObject(other_AccountType == Constants.PHONE_TYPE_RESIDENTIAL)
        MegaTransferObject(other_HasDtvDiscountRequest == false)
    then
        menu.add(new String[]{Constants.SERVICE_ASSURANCE_TREE_MENU_DSL, Constants.SERVICE_ASSURANCE_MENU_DTV_DISCOUNT_REQUEST});
end

case 2: no rule fired.

rule "dtv_discount_request"

    when

        MegaTransferObject(other_AccountType == null) or

        MegaTransferObject(other_AccountType == "RMS")

        MegaTransferObject(other_HasDtvDiscountRequest == false)

    then

        menu.add(new
String[]{Constants.SERVICE_ASSURANCE_TREE_MENU_DSL,
Constants.SERVICE_ASSURANCE_MENU_DTV_DISCOUNT_REQUEST});

end

case 3: rule fired

rule "dtv_discount_request"

    when

        megaTO:MegaTransferObject(other_AccountType == "RMS")

        megaTO:MegaTransferObject(other_HasDtvDiscountRequest == false)

    then

        menu.add(new
String[]{Constants.SERVICE_ASSURANCE_TREE_MENU_DSL,
Constants.SERVICE_ASSURANCE_MENU_DTV_DISCOUNT_REQUEST});

end

i really dont get it...
i must not be getting something...
help...

Joel G. Rivera-Gonzalez
PRT

"The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time" - Murphy's Law