[rules-users] class loading issue with websphere 6.1

Vishal Joshi vishaljoshi18 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 08:57:38 EST 2007

posting it again after successfule subscription.
I have deployed my application on websphere 6.1, which contains Rule engine
as one of the module using JBoss Rule 3.0.1. When i am trying to invoke
drools api from my class
====================================
final PackageBuilder builder = new PackageBuilder();
builder.addPackageFromDrl(new StringReader(drl));
====================================

it throws this exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/CompilationResult
.getProblems()[Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/compiler/CategorizedProblem;
        at
org.apache.commons.jci.compilers.EclipseJavaCompiler$2.acceptResult(E
clipseJavaCompiler.java:237)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:335)

        at
org.apache.commons.jci.compilers.EclipseJavaCompiler.compile(EclipseJ
avaCompiler.java:268)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.compile(Unknown Source)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.compileRule(Unknown Source)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addRule(Unknown Source)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackage(Unknown Source)
        at org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilder.addPackageFromDrl(Unknown
Source)

I have checked that class
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.CompilationResult is available with my
application war in core-3.2.0.666.jar (which is part of drools
distributable) and it has getProblems() method also.

any help will be greatly appreciated.