[rules-users] Explicit cast in the conditions part of a JBoss rule.

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Tue Jan 23 13:22:44 EST 2007

   Oana,

   Can you show an example of what you want to do?

   It is not possible to explicit make casts in the conditions (unless
it is inside of a predicate, for example, that is a java code block),
but a rule will match any level of the class hirarchy.
   For instance, if you hava a parent class A and a subclass B, you
instantiate and assert objects of B. Your B objects will match both
rules requiring A and rules requiring B, as B is instanceof A too. No
casts needed for this use case.

   []s
   Edson