[rules-users] About ReteOO.

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Jan 24 16:51:06 EST 2007

   Oana,

   Yes, the behavior of eval and not nodes are equivalent to the test
and not nodes from Jess.
   Yes, we use initial-fact as needed, but it is transparent to the
user.You don't need to do anything to make your rules whose first CE is
NOT/EXISTS/ACCUMULATE/FORALL/etc to work.
   Yes, LIAN adapts a single fact into a tuple for propagating down the
network. For instance:

Rule
when
   Person( $likes : likes )
   Cheese( type == $likes )

   As you can see, Person instance enters the network, then propagates
to a Join node, but the Join node expects a tuple from the left, so we
use LIAN to transform the left most fact from the network into a tuple
to propagate down the beta network.

   Wanna start contributing in core development with us? :) Lots of
opportunities... :)

   Regards,
     Edson