[rules-users] Issues Regarding use " Eval"

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Jul 2 13:00:51 EDT 2007

   Eval's are indeed less performatic than any other type of constraints.
"inline-evals" are not as bad, but are also heavier than regular
constraints.
   The recommendation is to avoid when possible, but for some cases it is
not possible.

   If you are using MR3 or later, you can use MVELs syntax in your
constraints:

when
   MyClass( aMapAttribute['aKey'] == "some Value" )

    The above will transparently be translated to an inline-eval, but that
is the best you can do when working with maps.

    []s
    Edson

2007/7/2, Rajesh_Kumar <Rajesh_Kumar at rsystems.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to use "eval" in my rules, but in rule writing guidelines Mark
> has
> Written that "Eval is Evil".
>
> I want to compare the values of Hash Map in my when (conditions) part.
>
> 1) Will anyone suggest something so that I can compare Hash Map keys in
> when part?
>
> 2) Does is there any performance related issue related to "eval";
>
> Regards
>
> Rajesh

> believed to be clean.

  Edson Tirelli