[rules-users] EJB's/Distributes Objects in Working Memory?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Jul 26 09:46:20 EDT 2007

   Arjun,

Q1. I think a few people already use distributed objects or at least simple
proxies as facts. The only area I think may eventually need some attention
is with shadow facts integration, in case your remote objects have some
funny way of generating the concrete class from the interfaces. So, I guess
it would be a good exercise to prototype. We would gladly provide support.
We just ask if you can to contribute the experience back to the community.

Q2. I understand your concern and as you said, as much as we are growing
individual responsibilities, we are still a small team. We do provide
support for the 3 tools you mentioned and have more than one people capable
of supporting each of them, but being a small team, Decision Tables may not
have received the focus it deserved in the last release. In the next
releases I believe it is planned a lot of new features for Decision Tables,
including web based authoring inside BRMS if I'm not mistaken. So you can
expect the gap to close.

   []s
   Edson

2007/7/26, Arjun Dhar <dhar_ar at yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Q1. we all use POJOS in the Working Memory. Theoretically is it even
> possoble
> to experiment with distributed objects in the working memory running in a
> JVM?
> At the end its an object, but well... :)
>
> Q2. Another question, with DSL, Decsion Tables, Rule Flows. Where does the
> JBoss Rules dev team commitment lie most? I need to ask this coz everyone
> has
> their preference but where support is; one should go! (example: Decsion
> tables
> still does not Support agenda groups and 'from', I've had to develop work
> arounds); so where does the commitment lie?
>
> thanks,
> Arjun

  Edson Tirelli
  Office: +55 11 3529-6000