[rules-users] Re: Re: Newbie: Is this feasible w/ Drools?

Alexander Richter arichter at vei.net
Thu Mar 1 09:45:13 EST 2007

Edson,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
It's good to know that I can dynamically add rules to a rulebase.

With regard to a 'rule hierarchy', I'm actually referring to the fact
that our assertions often build on each other. I'd really like to be
able to define the rules only once, but be able to see the (sub-)
rules and facts that make up an assertion.
E.g:
'Glutathione Biosynthesis' is asserted YES if we have both 'Glutamate-
Cysteine Ligase' AND 'Glutathione Synthetase'.
'Glutamate-Cysteine Ligase' is asserted YES if we find any of 4
different annotations (facts).
'Glutathione Synthetase' is asserted YES if we find any of 2
different annotations (facts).

We need to see all assertions related to an annotation, all the way
up the inference chain. Likewise, since we'd like to define the rules
only once (in Drools), it's important to be able to see all the steps
that made up the inference chain to 'Glutathione Biosynthesis'.

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. What's a POC?