[rules-users] Axis2 interop

Jones, Alan R alan.r.jones at boeing.com
Fri Mar 2 11:43:09 EST 2007

Hi,

I am exposing a rule via an Axis2 1.0 web service. I have seen that the
Drools jar files need to be in the axis2/WEB-INF/lib because for some
reason they are not loaded from the deployed service archive. The
problem I am having is that I get the following error message:

Rule Compilation error Unknown variable or type "person" Class
"java.lang.Object" has no method named "getName" Expression "person" is
not an rvalue Expression "person" is not an rvalue Expression "person"
is not an rvalue Unknown variable or type "person" Unknown variable or
type "person" Class "java.lang.Object" has no method named
"setCreditGranted" Expression "person" is not an rvalue Expression
"person" is not an rvalue Expression "person" is not an rvalue Unknown
variable or type "person" Exception:12 errors while compiling unit
"com/finance/rules/webservice/Rule_Credit_Denied_0.java"

After some research on the web, I have seen that the object model or
compiled class file for the Person object (the object that the .drl file
imports/works with) needs to be in the axis2/WEB-INF/lib as well, so I
jar it up and toss it in there, all by itself.

Now when I test the service, Axis2 throws the following:

- Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw exception
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at
com.finance.rules.webservice.grantcredit.types.PersonDocument$Factory.pa
rse(PersonDocument.java:173)

All my objects are generated as xml beans via Axis2 gen tools, the
Person construct is actually wrapped inside a PersonDocument objct, from
the code gen process.

I have tested the .drl file locally (inside eclipse) by having a test
app hit the .drl file directly and all works properly with the xml bean
objects. How do I get jboss rules engine to load my
Person/PersonDocument objects correctly?

aj