[rules-users] RE: Rules with Lookup Tables...

jdepaul jjdepaul at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 7 14:21:42 EST 2007

I have configured 3.1.0M1 on my local machine with the corresponding IDE...
now I need help with the rule syntax.  I have configured a DAO which will
return an ArrayList of values representing a list of values from the lookup
table - I tried this, but I'm having problems...:

rule "GATE-IN Match"

// This rule should match IF:
//  CUSTOMER_REFERENCE_NUMBER starts with 'HX', and
//  ACTIVITY_LOCATION starts with "US"
//  SH_CODE exists in lookup table idenfied by key "MILT.CUSTNO"

	when
		$GateIN : RKEM_Move (CUSTOMER_REFERENCE_NUMBER matches "^HX.*",
                                                 ACTIVITY_LOCATION matches
"^US.*",
		                    $list : (from
lookupDAO.getLookupValues("MILT.CUSTNO")) contains $GateIN.getSH_CODE()  )

	then
	   System.out.println("Matched 001695568GP GATE-IN Match Rule - about to
inovke Service...");

end