[rules-users] The use of final global variable into the LHS part of rule...

nicolae oana oananicolae1981 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 08:59:21 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

It is possible to use a final global variable into the LHS part of a rule?
Since the final global variable is in fact a global constant I think it will be ok to use it in some predicate expression or into an eval of a rule.

But I get this ugly exception, when I'm trying to use my global in the LHS part of the rule:

Exception in thread "main" org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: java.lang.NullPointerException

I mention that when I use the same global variable in the RHS part of the rule, everything works fine, and I'm getting the appropriate results.

Best regards,
                    Oana