[rules-users] Changing rules at runtime

Carlos Henriquez carlosalberto.henriquez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:44:14 EDT 2007

Hi all.

I'm new in this list and I have a year working with rules (integrated with
Spring). We are using drools 2.5 despite is legacy.

We want to change rules at runtime without redeploying the whole
application. I tried with the ruleAdministrator, deregistering the rule
source and registering again but I had a problem creating the
RuleExecutionSet with the createRuleExecutionSet method from
LocalRuleExecutionSetProvider. It didn't see any of my class and I got a
"unable to find class XXX" RuleExecutionSetCreateException every time I
tried to create a rule set from a file.

What I don't understand is how does Spring load all my rules the first time?
I don't know if I have to set som classpath manually and if I do, where?

I'll appreciate all the help you could give me.

Bye.

--
Carlos Henriquez
+58-416-839.94.28