[rules-users] Error compiling rules (3.1M1). NoSuchMethodError: EclipseJavaCompiler.<init>(java/util/Map)

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Mar 14 13:12:32 EDT 2007

No 3.1 is different we have inline the dependencies, you no longer need
commons jci - and trying to do so will probably confuse things. The
dependencies needed for M1 are now a lot less:
http://markproctor.blogspot.com/2007/02/jboss-rules-dependencies-slim-down.html

so now you just need
drools-core
drools-compiler
antlr3
xerces, xml-apis if you want to parse xml
stringtemplate, antlr2
jdt core and janino.
mvel
xstream/xpp if you want to output audit log

This is shown if you look in the project pom.xml

http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-core/pom.xml

    <dependency>
      <groupId>xstream</groupId>
      <artifactId>xstream</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.3</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>xpp3</groupId>
      <artifactId>xpp3</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.3.4.O</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.mvel</groupId>
      <artifactId>mvel14</artifactId>
      <version>1.2beta13</version>
    </dependency>

http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-compiler/pom.xml

    <dependency>
      <groupId>antlr</groupId>
      <artifactId>stringtemplate</artifactId>
      <version>3.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>antlr</groupId>
      <artifactId>antlr</artifactId>
      <version>2.7.7</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.antlr</groupId>
      <artifactId>antlr</artifactId>
      <version>3.0b5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
      <artifactId>core</artifactId>
      <version>3.2.1.v_677_R32x</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>janino</groupId>
      <artifactId>janino</artifactId>
      <version>2.5.5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xml-apis</groupId>
      <artifactId>xml-apis</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.b2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
      <artifactId>xerces</artifactId>
      <version>2.4</version>
    </dependency>

All these deps can be found in the with-deps zip from the jboss.org website.

S Reed wrote:
> I am sorry, Tom, but I don't understand. I have been referring to this
> requirements document all along. I see that it requires
> commons-jci-eclipse but your previous message says you removed it.
> What did you replace it with or am I missing something?
>
> Tom Gonzalez's message received 3/14/2007 12:32 PM:
>> COMPILER - rule assembly time
>> Rule compiler takes rules in some textual format and prepares binary
>> Packages of rules for deployment. This depends on the CORE RUNTIME.
>>
>>     * drools-core
>>     * drools-compiler - the rule compiler itself.
>>     * antlr3 - only if you are using native DRL. if only using XML,
>> you can skip this.
>>     * xerces, xml-apis - only if you are using XML rules, if DRL
>> only, can skip this.
>>     * commons-jci-core
>>           o This also requires only one pair out of:
>>                 + *commons-jci-eclipse*, core-3.2 - for eclipse JDT
>> to compile the java semantics (this is default)
>>                 + commons-jci-janino, janino - for janino. To use
>> this option, set -Ddrools.compiler=JANINO or use
>> PackageBuilderConfiguration? class.
>>     * commons-logging - used by various dependencies.
>>     * commons-lang - used for string manipulation in various
>> dependencies.
>>     * stringtemplate, anlr-2.7.6 - used in generating semantic code.
>>

>> Tom G

>>> antlr-2.7.6.jar
>>> commons-jci-eclipse-3.2.0.666.jar
>>> core-3.2.0.666.jar