Fwd: [rules-users] syntax question

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Mar 26 14:24:35 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Edson Tirelli <ed.tirelli at gmail.com>
Date: 26/03/2007 15:06
Subject: Re: [rules-users] syntax question
To: Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

   Michael,

   You got it right again.
   Just adding to your answer, the best way usually is to reorder the
patterns as you did, having the collection as the last constraint, but it is
also possible to use a predicate, instead of eval(), if you need to bind the
collection earlier.
   Example:

Customer( $cars: cars )
Manufacturer( $m : name, ( $cars.contains( $m ) ) )

   []s
   Edson

2007/3/26, Anstis, Michael (M.) < manstis1 at ford.com>:

>  Hi Bruce,
>
> From my experience (with 3.1-M1) you can reference bound Facts/Columns in
> subsequent patterns; like:-
>
> $m : Manufacturer ( name == "Honda" )
> $c : Car ( manufacturer == $m )
> $c : Customer ( cars contains $c, age > 18 )
>
> $cars.contains("Honda") requires an eval statement as your requirement is
> equivalent to "Customer ( cars.contains("Honda") )" which does not use a
> zero-parameter field accessor and is not compliant with the Java Beans
> specification).
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Mike

  Edson Tirelli