[rules-users] Problem with \" while compiling DRL

D'Inca Cedric cdinca at sopragroup.com
Wed Mar 28 11:21:57 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am currently experimentating troubles compiling a DRL file with a \" character in it.

I used a XLS decision table that, once compiled, gave me a DRL. The following lines are extracted from it.

#From row number: 14

rule "Exemple 1 2006 10 10_14"

      salience 65522

      when

            Ctx:MyObject()

            eval(Ctx.GetPrp("TEST").getValue().equals("GER"))

      then

            Ctx.SetPrp("TRUC").setValue("test char \" test");

end

#From row number: 15

The problem is that when compiled, an error is generated

Unknown:0-1 mismatched token: [@0,0,0='<no text>',<-1>,0:-1]; expecting type 'end'

If I modify the decision table to put

            Ctx.SetPrp("TRUC").setValue("test char " test");

The result is the same

Unknown:0-1 mismatched token: [@0,0,0='<no text>',<-1>,0:-1]; expecting type 'end'

So it means that \" is not understood, however, if I put \z, I get the following error:

Rule compilation error Invalid escape sequence (valid ones are \b \t \n \f \r \" \' \\)

Where it is written that \" should be understood.

Any idea?

Greetings,

Cédric D'INCA