[rules-users] comparisons on Java primitive wrapper class types

wasabifan bryan.rickman at kewill.com
Wed Mar 28 13:26:48 EDT 2007

In creating a list of rules, I noticed when adding facts to my working memory
it may cause errors if Integer or Long values are null (as they are
attempting to do comparisons on null objects...even if other conditions
previously listed in that particular rule eliminate this fact from that
particular conflicting rule), however, I have not noticed this behavior for
null String objects.  Is this the expected behavior, or should they be
defaulting to 0 in the comparisons (much like I am assuming the Strings must
be defaulting to empty Strings)?

Thanks for any clarification.  I am using 3.1M1 if that is relevant as well.

Bryan