[rules-users] reuse a rule already fired

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Wed May 9 10:04:59 EDT 2007

All rules that have their patterns (LHS) matched will be activated, so
for example:-

Rule A
When
	Person( )
Then
	//Something
End

Rule B
When
	Person( )
Then
	//Something
End

Rule C
When
	Person( )
Then
	//Something
End

Rule D
When
	Person( )
Then
	//Something
End

Rule E
When
	Person( )
Then
	//Something
End

Will all be activated and put on the agenda for execution. The order of
execution can be controlled with salience (3.0.x), agenda-groups (3.0.x)
and RuleFlow (4.0.x); all of which (I believe) are different forms of
Conflict Management. If the rules were all in the same activation group
then only the first to be activated would execute. IMHO, salience would
probably be your simplest option for the requirement you have below.

With kind regards,

Mike