[rules-users] change "assert" to "insert"

Matthew Shaw mshaw at emergency.qld.gov.au
Mon May 14 20:02:25 EDT 2007

If only you'd patented it! ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
[mailto:rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Mark Proctor
Sent: Tuesday, 15 May 2007 9:58 AM
To: Rules Users List; Rules Dev List
Subject: [rules-users] change "assert" to "insert"

We have been getting querries with regards to jdk assert collision and
jboss rules assert, for this reason we are thinking of changing it to
insert for 4.0. Further to that its causing language integrations issues
for us as we expand pluggeable dialects. For this reason we are thinking
of chaning assert to insert, this would be an api change and a language
level change. I'd thought I'd throw this out to the community before we
do it. This of course breaks backwards compatability.

Mark